1.08.2010

The Weekend Read for January 8th - Guitar Articles and More

The Rock House Blog Weekend Read is published every Friday or Saturday and is filled with links to the best articles from around the web. Articles include guitar lessons, guitar bass guitar news, guitar playing tips and tricks and just some plain old good reading.

Chris Hartzog - Chris did a real nice series of posts on how to set up you electric guitar...How to Setup Your Electric Guitar – Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

Desafinados - A curious invention, it is the Punch PickSomething like a "stapler"To create your own picks...Build your own barbed


Guitar Lifestyle - At the end of the year, I always like to reflect on all the great music that came out during the year. There were quite a few good albums that were released in 2009. Here’s a list of some of the more notable ones that crossed my radar in 2009 (in no particular order)...Notable Albums of 2009

Guitar Noize - Fondest Memories of 2009

Guitarz - From the same spirit of mind that creates cigar box guitars, comes the Sonny Daze 2-string Tennis Racquet Guitar...Anyone for tennis?

I Heart Guitar - The Line 6 Pocket Pod is such obvious genius that I can’t believe it wasn’t the very first thing the company invented...REVIEW: Line 6 Pocket Pod

Jason Shadrick - Guitarist - NGW Jazz Summit 2010 Guest Artists

Share My Guitar - I’ve always thought that of your two hands that your right hand or picking hand is more important and useful assuming that you are right handed. This is because there are so many things that can be done with your picking hand that most people ignore or overlook. In my mind, I’ve always looked at my picking hand as a drum or rhythm maker. When I was teaching myself to play I would take common chord progressions and try different strumming or rhythm patterns to make a radio song sound very different. This blog is dedicated to rhythm and love for your picking hand...Right Hand Techniques for Better Guitar

The Classical Guitar Blog - I’m constantly speaking about the benefits of slow practice to my students. Many of them don’t believe the results they get, thus don’t really practice that way at home. Yet, without fail I’m able to produce massive results in the lesson with a student on a section they’ve been continually struggling with during the week (or weeks)...Rethinking Slow Practice — A 2nd perspective

The Punch-in - While the name Seymour Duncan might be synonymous with high quality pick ups and stompboxes, few know that before he was winding magnets and soldering wires, Seymour was a prodigious guitarist – packing clubs and rolling the rock back when the electric guitar was just coming of age...Fireside Chat with Seymour Duncan

No comments: