7.29.2008

My Numb Fingers - Follow Up

Earlier this month I posted a story of how my fingers had started to go numb, http://rockhousemethod.blogspot.com/2008/07/numb-fingers-got-best-of-me.html and told you that I would post a follow up.

The wrist brace that my doctor advised me to wear at night has done wonders. At this point I can make it through most of my day without them going numb. Some days are better than others. I still have not put my fingers to the test by playing guitar for a few hours but I have played a songs without any problems. It's nice to be able to feel the strings again.

In fact the fingers are feeling so good I'm going to do something that I haven't done since I was 12. I'm going to start taking guitar lessons from Mike Hoover, my first one is Thursday. I'll post more on this experience too.

I have also been using The Handmaster Plus. I'll do a separate post on my experiences with that as well.

The advice I would give to anyone is if you are feeling anything unusual in hands, wrists or elbows. Get in to see your doctor as soon as possible. My personal feeling is that this was something that was "caught" soon enough that it is being easily corrected.

No comments: