I wrote about a product called The Guitar Guard that I ran across at the winter NAMM 2009. I was impressed with the product and the owner of the company Larry Post. Larry is huge guitar enthusiast who wanted to let his friends play his guitars but also wanted to protect the guitar. Hence, he marketed The Guitar Guard. The original article can be found here - Skin Your Axe - The Guitar Guard
Larry seems to have a few people who have for whatever reason been hitting blog articles and writing things that just are not true. I personally found Larry to be as honest as the day is long, an entrepreneur who has a real passion for his product. The exact thing I like to write about. I also want to add that I personally like this product, personally looked at it and personally have used it. There have been NO problems.
What has happened to Larry has forced me to start moderating and approving comments that are posted to The Rock House Blog. It's certainly not anything I look forward to. I have never had to moderate anything here and hopefully I will be able to remove the approval for comments in the near future. But I refuse to let this blog be spammed with comments that are not true about products.
Larry wrote a response to what was being said about his product. I thought it was worth a little time to just bring it to the forefront. Below is Larrys response to the unknown critics.
To All Concerned - the comments and information being provided about GuitarGuard are simply not true. I am the owner of GuitarGuard. I design the products, I research and test each product that we produce. They do not harm your Guitars in any way. Our only goal of the Company is to Protect your guitars, and in this economy, we think that's important. And if you don't care for our products or design, then don't buy them, BUT PLEASE STOP THE SLANDER, and misinformation.
While I could take a guess as to who is slandering us, i will leave that issue alone and let people judge for themselves.
Just a few facts to make sure the Musician Public understands the truth:
1. I design the products, My name is Larry & can be reached @ 917-208-9777
2. All products are 1000% tested on actual Guitars both new and Vintage and have never caused damage to their finishes whatsoever!
3. The person in question has never owned a GuitarGuard, nor has he ever tried a GuitarGuard, so it's impossible and unethical for him to make such claims.
4. We have to date not had even 1 returned product, a fact that we are very proud of to date.
5. We stand behind our product 100% and even offer a "no questions asked money back guarantee." We even pay for the shipping. That's as "real" as it gets.
6. We recently were named a Best of Show by a Freelance writer who covered the Winter NAMM show in January. This was 100% unsolicited. They just decided they liked what we were doing and thought our product was edgy and cool.
7. Our attorneys had to request a cease and desist from the "said" writer of previous comments, and actually place them on their "spam block" as he seemed to just have nothing to do except slam GuitarGuard.
Summary - we are just a group of musician entrepreneurs, working very very very hard to offer a Protective (not harmful) skin for your guitars. We have this guy slamming us. We accept it, as, It is what it is, but after reading these comments, i felt it was time to let people know the real deal. It's just not right, and his comments are just not accurate. I welcome anyone to call me directly to ask me any questions about GuitarGuard. We stand by the product. They look great, they work great, they fit great, they are just coool, and most important they do not damage your guitars at all!!
Please, understand, that we just don't get this guy slamming us. He has done this over and over again. We don't do it to him. We let the competitive juices of America flow, and there's room for all to succeed. Anyway, i just wanted to let the world know that we don't get why this guy is slamming us; we think we know who he is, and the bottom line is his facts are wrong. My number for any questions whatsoever is 917-208-9777. We are an honest group of musicians, making a cool product and trying to do our best to offer it to you at a fair price. Again, for the record, we have never, ever had any pictures sent to us, nor had any requests about this "ficticious" Les Paul which he references, etc, etc. It's just not true. He makes it up.
Please stop. I am asking nice. I will not do so next time.
I ask the slanderer, to please stop slandering us, and i ask the Public to judge for yourselves. Again, i am available anytime to answer questions and can be reached at 917-208-9777. Thanks
Larry - GuitarGuard One final thing, this person has never called me once ever. He has my name, info, phone, cell, email, etc. Not once has he called. He just follows all our good news, and slanders us. It's just not right. This is America. Let people try! That's all we are trying to do. Try!. It's like his jab at the other product, he stabs everyone, and does it annonymously. It's just not right. Please Stop. And Musicians, know that we are working hard for you. Period.