10.31.2009

The Weekend Read October 24th - 31st ; Guitar Lessons, Articles and More

The Rock House Blog Weekend Read.

Bring you the best articles from around the web. Articles include guitar lessons, guitar bass guitar news, guitar playing tips and tricks and just some plain old good reading.

Cameron Mizell - Guitarist - Inspired by my recent recording session, a panel discussion at the Dewey Beach Music Conference, and a few conversations with producers, engineers, and musicians at this year’s AES convention, I decided to write an article about getting the most out of a professional recording studio...New Article: Preparing for the Recording Studio

Dolphinstreet Guitar Gear Blog - The new Mack GEM is out, and I have played it quite a bit over the weekend...Low wattage guitar amp - Mack GEM


Fretbase - Nice news feed for all that is guitar related...Fretbase


Guitar Flame - An article about an overview of different tonewoods for acoustic guitar...How to pick your acoustic guitar based on the wood it is made of

Guitar Noize - I have used a few software amp modelling applications before but I had never tried Native Instruments’ Guitar Rig even though I used to use one of their Synth modelling programs years ago called Generator. When I saw that Native Instruments was about to release the 4th version of their amp modelling application I was keen to finally try it out for myself... Review: Native Instruments Guitar Rig 4


Guitarz - You probably never saw such an incredible guitar, one that is not just meant to look bizarre, but obviously an experimentation on sound...Hoyer Fantastik

I Heart Guitar - A little while back I reviewed IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube 2, probably my most frequently-used program apart from Pro Tools...REVIEW: IK Multimedia AmpliTube Fender

Jason Shadrick - Guitarist - Fingerstyle or classical guitar seems daunting at first.  Like any other style of guitar, however, the basics apply to everything.  The purpose of this article is to get you playing some beginning patterns with the right hand fingers...Basic Arpeggios for Classical Guitar

Jemsite - There are plenty of small instruments you could try. But I'm going to tell you about one that is very useful to any guitar player...Guitar Practice Tip: Learn Another Instrument? 

Not Playing Guitar - What are the essential accessories you wouldn't be without to learn to play guitar?...5 Essential Guitar Learning Accessories

Share My Guitar - Over the years I have been a big fan of comedians who play guitar. Lets face it, it takes balls to get up in front of a bunch of strangers and attempt to make them laugh!...Funny People Who Play Guitar

srv1 Blog - This guitar is representative of what I am currently building...RAY GANDER, LUTHIER - HAND MADE UNIQUE DESIGN SOLID BODY CUSTOM ELECTRIC GUITARS

Strat-O-Blogster - Here we have Billy Penn from 300Guitars.com demonstrating how to age metal guitar parts...How to Relic and Age Metal Guitar Parts

The Classical Guitar Blog - When the Classical Guitar Blog first started, I wrote an article about Goal Oriented Guitar Practice. At the time, I was just beginning to develop my own practice philosophy based on experience and observation...Goal Oriented Guitar Practice (revisited)

Truth in Shreading- Rusty Cooley: premier guitar legato exercises

Now that's a lot of reading to do. I gotta go hit the now.
Have a Rockin' weekend everybody!

Sarge


No comments: