11.13.2009

The Weekend Read November 7th - 13st ; Guitar Lessons, Articles and More

The Rock House Blog Weekend Read.

Bring you the best articles from around the web. Articles include guitar lessons, guitar bass guitar news, guitar playing tips and tricks and just some plain old good reading.

Dolphinstreet Guitar Gear Blog - Ok, I admit it, I am lazy. So lazy, that I haven't ever changed strings on my SX acoustic yet... Changing guitar strings

Double Bass Blog - Jason’s wife, Courtney, here. Though I’m not a bassist, I do play alarge instrument (the harp, whose lowest note is the same C as a bass’with a C extension), and as such I feel an affinity for my bass-playing bretheren and hope you’ll indulge me in a guest post...You want me to play…. with those?

Freekbass' Blog - Combining three capsules and four different pattern settings, the Yeti is the ultimate tool for creating amazing recordings, directly to your computer...Yeti USB Mic Is "The World's First THX Certified Microphone"

Fretbase - Have you heard of the classic song Old Black Joe?...Old Black Joe on Martin OM-21 Special (Video)

Guitar Answers - The members at JazzGuitarist.be site have voted and turned in their list of the Top 100 Jazz albums and Top 1o Jazz guitarist.It is interesting to see "who" is popular at the "moment"...Top 100 Jazz Albums and Top 10 Jazz Guitarist List Now At JazzGuitar.be

Guitar Licks - talk about one hell of a hot keyboardist! This is something that you would be exposed to when you witness my old keyboardist friends Tony F or Rick M while sitting on the side of the stage!...Great Balls of Fire


Guitar Noize - Gibson are about to unleash their latest technologically advanced guitar,.. Gibson about to launch Dusk Tiger

Guitarz - Uh-oh! You know you're in for trouble when you see a Tennessee-brand guitar. They are often very wacky instruments, but don't be fooled as the workmanship is shoddy and the instruments themselves are reported to be virtually unplayable...Pointless triple-neck

I Heart Guitar - Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine is going to auction off some of his personal guitars. If anyone wants to show their appreciate for I Heart Guitar by buying me one of these, I won’t be offended, hehe...NEWS: Buy one of Dave Mustaine's personal guitars!

Marks Guitar Blog - One thing that has been progressing is my right hand technique, though.  I think it all started when Robert Renman from Dolphinstreet.com came by my studio to visit last December and while playing my guitars sounded totally different than me...How I'm doing at the moment in my own battles and my discovery of "Sarod" picking

Share My Guitar - How does one begin to learn the entire fretboard? This is one of the most common questions posed by students learning the guitar and also one of the first things a good guitar instructor will tell you...Relative Modes: Using the Modes to Learn the Entire Fretboard, Part 1

Strat-O-Blogster - It's that time again! And remember, every year Fender generously provides us with 16 months, so for 4 months you can display two current Custom Shop calendars with different features! Tricky!...2010 Fender Custom Shop Calendar

The Classical Guitar Blog - p i m, Giuliani RH study no. 2. One of the most basic arpeggios, and easy to master...Fun with p i m

The Guitar Buzz - OK… this post is bound to bend the E-Strings of a few guitarists, but for the life of me, I don’t understand the attraction to “relic” guitars...Relic Guitars? What’s The Appeal?

Truth in Shreading - Do you know how a guitar pickup work (I mean, really knows how it works)?...
Magnus Olsson: vibrato the heart of guitar playing?



No comments: